Okay so first of all, I slept pretty terribly - whoever designed these beds should be shot. Hahaha. It's the equivalent of having a sleeping bag on the floor. I mean I SLEPT, I guess, but it wasn't comfortable at all. I set my alarm for 7:00, cause Jon wanted me to call him at 9:00, and I wanted to be all ready just in case.
I got up and showered (water pressure here is awesome, by the way) and got ready for the day. I called Jon, and we arranged to meet at 2:00 outside my building, to go for coffee.
So, with my hours to kill before I had to leave - I napped. I even had a dream and I wish I could remember it to tell you because boy, it was weird.
A bit before 2:00, I went down to meet Jon, and he showed me around campus a bit (one of his biggest clients is UW, so he knows it well), and we went back to his mother-in-law's for dinner. (She's friends with my aunt Melanie, which is how I got hooked up with Jon).
He showed me his office, and the rest of his gear... HOOOLY. I can only DREAM of the day I will be able to afford all of that. Absolutely incredible. He also showed me some of the things he's been working on - really cool stuff. I really like the style of his work, so I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a bit of it, at least.
We went through sort of what we'll be doing for the next month - I'm pretty excited. I mean I'm really nervous still, but definitely excited. And plus Jon is really nice, so that makes everything a little easier.
For the rest of the evening we hung out with his family, (he's married and has two little boys - so cute) and had a really nice meal, that he cooked. They kept saying, "Don't you know that if you want to be a photographer you have to cook, too!?" Hahah.
After dinner I went for a walk with Jon's mother-in-law, Nora, and his son Logan. He's in his "why?" stage, so I let Nora take care of the answers.
Jon took me home, and we made plans for our shoot tomorrow. (We're shooting at a restaurant I think). It seems like it's going to be a pretty busy month! It makes me nervous but I know it'll be good, too - keep me occupied so I don't miss Nova Scotia so much. (I know, I never thought it would actually happen).
I actually saw someone in the residence when I went to go brush my teeth! She's older though so something tells me she won't end up being a friend I go out with. Haha.
The geese are kind of driving me nuts. They are EVERYWHERE, and they are ALWAYS talking to each other. Very loudly. At least they look nice though.
I'm trying not to get too nervous for tomorrow... but if you know me, you know I'll have no luck with that.
<3
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment